Quality. Integrity. Excellence.
Quality. Integrity. Excellence.
Patricia is a highly experienced attorney offering comprehensive expertise in both transactional and litigation matters. Patricia has had the privilege of working alongside Michael Burrage for a decade. This invaluable experience provided an opportunity for growth and learning from a legend known for his brilliant legal career and exceptional reputation. Under Michael's mentorship Patricia honed her legal skills, gained profound insights into the intricacies of the law, and developed a comprehensive understanding of the nuances that shape the legal landscape. The guidance and knowledge imparted by Michael continues to inspire Patricia as she navigates complex legal matters and strives to provide unparalleled legal representations to clients.
Before joining Whitten Burrage, Patricia worked as a staff attorney at the OU Health Sciences Center ("OUHSC") where she served as primary counsel for the College of Nursing, College of Public Health, and College of Allied Heath. Her work at OUHSC focused on healthcare law, regulatory compliance, healthcare acquisitions, and contract law. Before law school Patricia was a registered nurse practicing in one of the most stressful and important settings, a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
During Patricia's time at Whitten Burrage, a large part of her practice is focused on Tribal Nations law. Patricia's deep understanding of the unique legal considerations and cultural dynamics involved in Tribal Nations law has earned her the trust and respect of tribal clients and peers alike. Through diligent advocacy, Patricia has worked to protect and promote tribal sovereignty, navigate complex jurisdictional issues, and ensure the preservation of treaty rights. Patricia is always happy to speak with other tribal attorneys to share and exchange ideas to promote and protect tribal rights.
Patricia has represented her primary tribal clients, the Chickasaw and Choctaw Nations, in matters before regulatory agencies, and in state and federal courts. Patricia strikes a balance between collaboration and assertiveness, utilizing negotiation skills to build productive relationships and achieve favorable outcomes. She tackles conflicts when they arise, leveraging her expertise and determination to protect and advance her clients' rights and interests.
Patricia also represents numerous clients in private, corporate transactional law and litigation. Patricia was a member of the legal team that successfully litigated a divorce with assets in the billions of dollars. Many of these clients often return for future legal matters, a testament to the exceptional service and positive outcomes she consistently delivers.
Patricia has garnered a reputation for excellence and integrity. Her track record of success, coupled with the trust and loyalty of clients, has solidified her position as a sought-after advocate in the legal field.
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2011
- Honors: Certificate in Health Law
- Oklahoma City University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- The Chickasaw Nation Bar Association
- The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Chickasaw Nation Bar Association, Member
- Choctaw Nation Bar Association, Member
- Board Member – Oklahoma Access to Justice Foundation
- Lawyers Division Chair – United Way of Central Oklahoma – 2021, 2022, 2023 Campaigns
- Advisory Committee Member – The Recovery Center
- Super Lawyer – Rising Star
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Registered Nurse
- OU Health Sciences Center, Staff Attorney