Effective Evaluation And Litigation Of Complex Legal Issues
All plaintiffs’ claims are subject to complicating factors that can lead to more extensive litigation than anticipated. However, some are obviously complex by nature from the start. Examples include claims against educational institutions, health care organizations, Native American tribal governments and other types of government bodies or agencies. Our experience has included complex cases involving:
- Large commercial and business entities
- Governmental entities, such as the State of Oklahoma and the State of Washington
- The University of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma State University
- Various tribal sovereignties
- Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
- Qui Tam and class actions
At Whitten Burrage, our team regularly evaluates and strategizes the most effective methods of approaching complex legal cases. Our attorneys have prevailed on behalf of clients in numerous cases resulting in settlements and verdicts of at least $1 million.
Varieties Of Complex Litigation
Our litigation team is well-equipped to recommend and implement litigation strategies for unusually detailed cases, including:
- Class actions and mass torts
- Environmentally-focused cases
- High-profile employment discrimination and civil rights cases
- Catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases
- Antitrust and securities litigation
- Cases involving federal and/or multiple-state jurisdictions
Attorneys at Whitten Burrage represented the Choctaw Nation, Chickasaw Nation and Cherokee Nation tribes in the first-in-the-nation opioid litigation. This complex case resulted in favorable settlements for the plaintiffs to be paid by liable opioid manufacturers, distributors and pharmacies.
Discuss Pending Or Potential Complex Litigation With Recognized Attorneys
We have built our reputation in complex litigation through many successful outcomes over the years. Attorneys at other law firms throughout Oklahoma and nationwide often turn to our firm for referrals or to propose co-counsel arrangements in complex litigation. We invite inquiries from plaintiffs or lawyers who are interested in consulting with our team about any legal matter such as a class action suit, a challenging injury claim or high-stakes business or commercial litigation.